Friday, April 8, 2011

My First Moving Blog Post Here in Brooklyn

Did you hurt yourself after your last move? I did that is why I hate moving. As a result, I decided that it was time to think about hiring movers. I started to fantasize about about all the money I would save on pain relievers. Movers have all the right equipment, such as blankets, and dollies, to make moves go safely and efficiently. More importantly I would not have to do any lifting or receive any crappy moving tip emails from friends and family. New York City is not a fun place to drive, especially if you are driving a moving truck in the Brooklyn, Manhattan or Queens. I did not want to hire any flat rate movers. What I decided to do was hire a Man with a Van from Brooklyn NY NYC that would work for a fair price. I and (I am sure you share my sentiments) want to make sure that my stuff arrives at my new home safely. As such I decided it was important to hire someone who knows what they are doing. As you can well imagine, hiring a professional man with a van will save you time and make your move a less-stressful experience. There are many Vans in New York. That is not the problem. What is the problem is finding a reliable van. Craigslist and Backpage do not cut it. That is why I ended up using this new service VanStand. VanStand works with prescreened van movers. I found their website to be nice and simple, totally void of the usual marketing nonsense. To make things even better the two guys who helped were handy, helpful, personable and efficient. Take it from a guy in Brooklyn who hates to move.


No comments:

Post a Comment